Thank you for your interest in attending the Joint Conference of Librarians of Colors. The deadline to apply for JCLC travel scholarships has now passed. Individuals selected for JCLC Scholarships will be notified on June 10th. If you applied for a JCLC Scholarship please do not register for the conference until after the scholarship notification.
Scholarship Descriptions & Eligibility
- JCLC Travel Scholarships: 15 awards ($750 each)
Criteria: Membership in one of the 5 associations of ethnic librarians (AILA, APALA, BCALA, CALA, REFORMA).
- Kansas City Crown Center Scholarships: 5 awards ($1,000 each)
Criteria: Undergraduate students who are currently working in a library position & students currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited master’s degree program or AASL approved school media program. Sponsored by the Destination Crown Center and the Kansas City Convention & Visitors Association.
- ALA Member First-Time Attendee Scholarships: 25 awards (free registration-up to a $400 value) Criteria: ALA members who are first time JCLC attendees. Sponsored by the American Library Association.
- Scholarship recipients are selected by a panel of members of each of the five sponsoring organizations.
- The $750 travel scholarship is intended to help reduce out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., travel, lodging, meals) to attend JCLC 2012.
- Individuals who are selected for travel scholarships may also be selected to receive ALA Member First-Time Attendee Scholarships for registration should they meet both eligibility requirements.
- Registration scholarships will be paid directly to the JCLC registration vendor, no cash awards will be given.
- If you are unable to attend the conference, your scholarship(s) will be forfeited.
- All recipients will be required to submit an evaluation of their conference experience within 30 days after the conclusion of the conference.
- Winners will be notified on June 10, 2012.
Alexandra Rivera, Associate Librarian
Student Enrichment and Community Outreach Librarian
University of Michigan Library
Phone: (734) 585-4287